PSYCHO-SOCIAL WELLBEING PROGRAM MANAGER: THE BUTTERY
About the role:
• Be part of the establishment of a new psychosocial wellbeing support program
• Work with your own hand picked team.
The Psycho-Social Wellbeing Program aims to achieve an optimal state of personal, social and emotional wellbeing for clients who are living with severe or episodic mental illness. The target group is individuals over 12 years of age. Reporting to the Community Outreach Manager, the Psycho-Social Wellbeing Program Manager will oversee the development, management, operations and evaluation of the program.
Managing 8 FTE staff, the role is mobile and travel is required in the region from Tweed Heads to Kempsey. The Manager will be involved in recruiting staff for the program. The role can be based in either Port Macquarie or Coffs Harbour. Staff will be located in sites around the footprint.
This program is run by a consortium of Rekindling the Spirit, Werin and Wellways and The Buttery.
You can offer
1. Bachelor level qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Mental Health
2. Demonstrated experience in program management for people with serious mental health issues and other issues such as homelessness, trauma, contact with the criminal justice system and family and cultural separation
3. Experience of staff supervision
4. Understanding of Aboriginal cultural protocols, community dynamics and relationships and capacity to work within a culturally appropriate holistic approach.
5. Experience of managing budgets and day to day service operations
6. Experience of establishing networks and relationships with a range of services
A current and valid manual Driver’s Licence is required. A satisfactory current Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check is mandatory prior to commencement.
Find out more: For queries, please contact email@example.com
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use each of the six selection criteria as a heading and write a brief paragraph under each one addressing it. Unfortunately, applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: Wednesday 3rd July
The Buttery recognises the benefits that diversity and inclusions brings, and encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and CALD and LGBTIQA community members are strongly encouraged to apply.
BUTTERY COMMUNITY OUTREACH (BCO) YOUTH WORKER
About the role:
As a part-time Youth Worker with us, you will get to actively support young people using a range of evidence-based interventions. The role has a dual focus
• To improve young people’s capacity to manage their lives more effectively
• To reduce the number and severity of problems associated with Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) use.
The target groups are young people aged 10 to 19 years. Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will:
• Respond to queries and offer support to potential clients.
• Provide a range of evidence based interventions to young people at their stage of change
• Cooperate with existing post release programs to support reintegration and reduce recidivism
• Support family engagement and cohesion
The role is 60 hours per fortnight and temporary to June 2020. Hours are flexible and generally Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm. The role is based in Grafton and is also mobile throughout the Northern Rivers region From Coffs Harbour to Tweed with a focus on Aboriginal communities.
You can offer
1. Tertiary qualifications in areas such as AOD, social work, psychology or mental health
2. Experience working with young people with substance use disorder and/ or contact with the criminal justice system
3. Demonstrated experience in an outreach setting coordinating support for people with co-occurring with mental health issues and other issues such as: trauma, homelessness, family and cultural separation
4. Established networks and relationships with a range of services in the local area
5. Well-developed self-management skills to cope with complex cases and manage stress.
A current and valid manual Driver’s Licence is required. A satisfactory current Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check is mandatory prior to commencement. Experience working with Aboriginal communities is desirable.
Find out more: Please see the position description here
For any other queries, please contact email@example.com
The FTE salary is $67k (plus an option to salary package which potentially may be an equivalent wage of up to $68-76k pro rata)
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the five selection criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use each of the five selection criteria as a heading and write a brief paragraph under each one addressing it. Unfortunately, applications that do not directly address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: 9am Wednesday 3rd July
The Buttery recognises the benefits that diversity and inclusions brings, and encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from CALD and LGBTIQA communities are encouraged to apply.
THE BUTTERY is approaching the market to engage contractors for a range of services below. These are located at our social enterprise site near Murwillumbah. We invite tender applications for the services listed below.
Please see the individual scopes for more information on the service and how to put in an expression of interest (click the service name to download a document).
The closing date for expressions of interest is 21st June 2019.
Any queries should be directed to email@example.com
Available: Mondays and Tuesdays and Thursdays (5.00pm to 9.30pm)
Requirements: Current driver’s licence and ability to drive a manual vehicle safely, in recovery and able to attend 12 step meetings
Responsibilities: Ensure the safe and comfortable transport of residents between The Buttery premises and12 step meetings
Location: Binna Burra and Byron areas
Please see the Volunteer Application Form on this page
If you’d like to be considered for other positions in the future please send your resume for The Buttery keep on file for when a suitable position becomes available, please email: