|COMMUNICATION AND DIGITAL MARKETING AND ASSOCIATE|
- Ethical and Professional Charitable Fundraising and Professional Communication
- Bangalow, Northern Rivers, NSW
- Part Time (32 hours per fortnight)
- 12 Months Fixed Contract
The Buttery is an independent not-for-profit community-based organisation which specialises in the treatment of people with alcohol or other drug and mental health issues. It includes one of Australia’s oldest and most reputable residential addiction treatment programs as well as a range of outreach services and a user-pays social enterprise.
A newly created position has become available for a Communication and Digital Marketing Associate to support the Development Manager with the implementation of The Buttery’s Fundraising and Communication Strategy.
The role involves a combination of writing promotional, corporate and fundraising copy in a range of styles for on-line and off-line publication, including writing newsletters, annual reports, funding submissions, website copy, media releases, advertising copy, articles and blogs. In addition, this role involves maintaining and updating The Buttery’s websites, social media activities and digital media presence. Other duties include assisting with fundraising events.
The successful applicant for this role will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Journalism and/or Public Relations
- at least 5 years’ proven quality experience in a role of similar nature with a portfolio of work to demonstrate this experience;
- demonstrated experience creating fundraising campaigns, organising events and managing multiple channels;
- technical expertise in digital marketing platforms;
- outstanding written communication skills, including the ability to write to a brief, write reports and craft messages for specific audiences and media;
- impeccable attention to detail and highly organised;
- excellent spelling and grammar; and
- the ability to engage multiple stakeholders and staff and work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Membership of the Fundraising Institute of Australia will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will be self-directed and show initiative with the ability to work both in a team and by themselves. Priority setting, time management, a strong work ethic and passion for communication, fundraising and digital marketing are essential for this position.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a short writing exercise to demonstrate their ability to write a brief in a variety of styles.
The successful applicant will be appointed subject to a valid Australian manual driver’s licence and Australian residency, as well as a National Criminal Record check, a Working with Children check and reference checks. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from CALD and LGBTI communities are encouraged to apply.
To apply in confidence, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 30 October 2017.