|3 Qualified Youth AOD
Outreach Worker Positions
· Tweed / Byron Bay Area (P/T – 32 hrs/week)
· Bellingen / Nambucca Heads Area (F/T – 35 hrs/week)
· Clarence Valley Area (F/T – 35 hrs/week)
The Buttery is an independent not-for-profit community based organisation specialised in treatment of people with alcohol or other drug problems. It houses one of Australia’s oldest and highly reputable residential program as well as a range of outreach services.
At present The Buttery is seeking to recruit three suitably qualified youth AOD outreach workers to engage and provide AOD interventions to young people who are experiencing AOD related harms or multiple vulnerabilities.
Applicants must have:
- A tertiary qualification in a social, behavioural or health related field
- Counselling qualifications and experience
- Experience in developing, promoting, delivering, and evaluating programs for young people
- Commitment to working within the AOD harm reduction framework
- Sound computer and report writing skills
- Current NSW “C” Class Manual Drivers Licence (or equivalent for other states)
The successful applicant will be self-directed, ethical, have a high level of integrity and clear professional boundaries. He/she will have a consultative and collaborative working attitude, be able to work autonomously, and demonstrate passion for supporting young people to achieve their highest potential regardless of the difficulties they have faced.
Appointments will be subject to a National Criminal Record check, Working with Children check, and reference checks. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply in confidence, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please indicate clearly on your application which role you are applying for
Applications close at 9:00am on Monday, 15th May