02 6687 1111
The Northern Rivers Gambling Counselling Service (NRGCS) is a community outreach program providing Gambling HELP services for residents of the NSW Northern Rivers Region.
We offer free counselling and support services for people affected by gambling related problems, to reduce the negative impact of gambling on their lives.
We also aim to promote a greater understanding of the nature of gambling within the community, so that consumers are adequately informed about the potential for harm and where help and support can be found.
Involvement with the NRGCS does not require residential treatment at The Buttery.
Call us now on 02 6687 1111 to book your free and confidential counselling session, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can access the GAMBLING HELP telephone counselling service 24 hours a day, seven days per week on 1800 858 858
A variety of online self-help resources are also available at www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Problem gamblers typically have difficulty limiting money and/or time spent on gambling despite negative consequences for themselves or other people in their lives.
Try the short quiz below to see if gambling could be a problem for you or someone you know:
- Sometimes I’ve felt depressed or anxious after a session of gambling.
- Sometimes I’ve felt guilty about the way I gamble.
- When I think about it, gambling has sometimes caused me problems.
- Sometimes I’ve found it better not to tell others, especially family, about the amount of time or money I spend gambling.
- I often find that when I stop gambling, it’s because I’ve run out of money.
- Often I get the urge to return to gambling to win back losses from past sessions.
- I have recieved criticism about my gambling.I’ve tried to win money to pay my debts.
If you answered yes to four or more questions it is likely you have a problem, but you aren’t alone and we’re here to help.
The Northern Rivers Gambling Counselling Service
Office hours: 8:30am – 5pm Monday – Friday. Appointments outside these hours may by available by prior arrangement.
Offices located in Lismore, Ballina, Byron Bay, Tweed Heads and Casino.
Headquarters: Bangalow Road, Binna Burra. NSW. Australia. 2479
Postal Address: PO. Box 42, Bangalow. NSW. 2479
Sessions also available via online video conferencing.
Ph: (02) 6687-1111 – appointments and all enquiries
Fax: (02) 6687-1039
Financial assistance for this Project was provided by the New South Wales Government from the Responsible Gambling Fund.