INTRA is an outreach program of The Buttery’s that operates across the NSW Northern Rivers Region. We aim to reduce the harm from the use of alcohol and other drugs (AOD) and assist people to achieve their goals around their alcohol and other drug use. INTRA welcomes people who want to achieve or maintain abstinence as well as those whose immediate goals fall short of abstinence. We offer a range of group programs all run by professional alcohol and other drug workers and we offer access to individual counselling sessions at our offices in Lismore and Byron Bay and at other locations including Tweed Heads and Ballina.
INTRA works independently from The Buttery’s residential program, but can support those waiting to get into the residential rehab program and those who have completed the program.
All INTRA programs are free and confidential – no referral or Medicare card is needed.
INTRA acknowledges the Bundjalung people who are the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work.
TO CONTACT INTRA
- For all enquiries about programs in the LISMORE, BYRON BAY and MULLUMBIMBY areas or to arrange to see a counsellor in Byron Bay, phone 02 6687 1111.
Ongoing weekly groups for people who want to quit drugs, have quit and are struggling, need to talk to somebody, or are experiencing difficulty running their lives. All groups are professionally facilitated and provide a safe, respectful and supportive environment where participants can increase clarity through sharing of knowledge and experiences. Although a commitment to abstinence is not a prerequisite for involvement. Participants cannot attend while intoxicated.
Current INTRA groups:
• Lismore: INTRA Support – Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00 (Prior assessment required phone INTRA: 02 6687 1111)
• Byron Bay: Footprints (Relapse Prevention)- 1.30pm – 3.30pm Wednesdays.
• Ballina: SMART Recovery – Community Services Centre, Corner Moon St / Bangalow Rd (next to Ballina Central Shopping Centre), Wednesdays 1:00 – 3:00 and Fridays 5:30 – 7:30
• Tweed Heads: Footprints – Tweed Valley Drug & Alcohol Service, 3rd floor, 145 Wharf St, Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00 (Need to contact INTRA or Tweed Valley Drug and Alcohol Service, Level 3/145 Wharf Street or 02 6687 1111 before attending)
Short-term programs are also offered at various locations in the Northern Rivers Region.
Some examples of courses offered in the past:
• Relapse prevention program
• Early intervention cannabis program
• ‘Healthy Power’ anger management program
• Anxiety and stress management group
• Men’s group
• Relationships and co-dependence group
• Meditation group
For more information and to arrange for an assessment, phone INTRA: 02 6687 1111
INTRA is working to prevent harm caused by the use of drugs. Health promotion strategies include community education, capacity building, and direct population focused interventions. INTRA is particularly interested in partnerships with both the government and the non-government sectors.
Some examples of current or past projects:
• ‘Party Safe’ project offering drug education and early intervention at dance and music events
• ‘Coming off Methadone’ seminar
• Methamphetamine seminar for human services staff
• Community Drug Action Week activities
• Presentations to various schools, educational institutions, community organisations, groups, clubs and volunteer organisations
• Training and consultancy for human services organisations
For more information phone INTRA: 02 6687 1111
INTRA Youth Service
Free and confidential program for people between 12 – 24 years old.
We don’t preach.
We don’t judge.
But perhaps we can help if you are in trouble, or if you want to quit or cut down.
We can arrange to meet you at one of our offices, at a youth service, or at another place that is safe and convenient.
Phone us: 6687 1111
INTRA Youth Service invites referrals from other services: please find our referral forms here
INTRA conducts youth wilderness adventure treks for young people 12-21 years of age. These pictures show a trek which was generously supported by The Greater Building Society and Allianz.
Do You Have a Drug or Drinking Problem?
If in doubt, the attached ‘Drinkcheck’ form is a widely used self-assessment tool to determine if consumption of alcohol is at a harmful or hazardous level.
Download a ‘Drinkcheck’ or a ‘Problem Drug Use Screening Test’ form
INTRA The Buttery’s Outreach Drug Treatment Program
A unique service under the auspices of The Buttery Incorporated. Registered Charity No. CC24651.
P.O Box 42 Bangalow 2480 NSW Australia.
Telephone: 02 6687 1111
Fax: 02 6687 1039
Feedback / Request for Information / Request for Contact
Please complete the form by clicking the link below and we will contact you.
The Buttery acknowledges the support of the Department of Health (Commonwealth) for INTRA programs and the support of generous donors.