- HOME - ABOUT US
- HOW CAN I HELP
- HOW TO GET HELP
- Natasha: ex-resident graduate
- John & Jen: supporters
- Len & Kay: parents & supporters
- John: counsellor & graduate
- b.well outreach: Paul is getting his old life back
- INTRA: wilderness adventure treks for youth
- David: ex-resident
- Kelly: ex-resident graduate
- John: ex-resident graduate
- Tony & Nada: parents & supporters
- Wake Up Time: creative Indigenous women
- Cliff: counsellor helping problem gamblers
- CONTACT US
Addiction Is Not A Consequence Of Choice, Recovery Is
INTRA is The Buttery's outreach program that operates across the NSW Northern Rivers Region. We aim to reduce the harm from the use of alcohol and other drugs (AOD) and assist people to achieve their goals around their alcohol and other drug use. INTRA welcomes people who want to achieve or maintain abstinence as well as those whose immediate goals fall short of abstinence. We offer a range of group programs all run by professional alcohol and other drug workers and we offer access to individual counselling sessions at our offices in Lismore and Byron Bay.
INTRA works independently from The Buttery's residential program, but can support those waiting to get into the residential rehab program and those who have completed the program.
All INTRA programs are free and confidential - no referral or Medicare card is needed.
INTRA acknowledges the Bundjalung people who are the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work.
TO CONTACT INTRA
- For enquiries about programs in the LISMORE area or to arrange to see a counsellor in Lismore,
phone INTRA (02) 6622 0429.
- For enquiries about programs in the BYRON BAY and MULLUMBIMBY areas or to arrange to see a counsellor in Byron Bay phone INTRA (02) 6680 9098
- For general enquiries phone the INTRA main office (02) 6687 2835.
Ongoing weekly groups for people who want to quit drugs, have quit and are struggling, need to talk to somebody, or are experiencing difficulty running their lives. All groups are professionally facilitated and provide a safe, respectful and supportive environment where participants can increase clarity through sharing of knowledge and experiences. Although a commitment to abstinence is not a prerequisite for involvement. Participants cannot attend while intoxicated.
Current INTRA groups:
• Lismore: INTRA Support - Thursdays 10:00 - 12:00 (Prior assessment required phone INTRA: 02 6687 2835)
• Byron Bay: SMART Recovery - 3:00 - 4:30 INTRA meeting room First Floor, 75 Jonson St Byron Bay
• Ballina: SMART Recovery - Community Services Centre, Corner Moon St / Bangalow Rd (next to Ballina Central Shopping Centre), Wednesdays 1:00 - 3:00 and Fridays 5:30 - 7:30
• Tweed Heads: Footprints - Tweed Valley Drug & Alcohol Service, 3rd floor, 145 Wharf St, Thursdays 10:00 - 12:00 (Need to contact INTRA or Tweed Valley Drug and Alcohol Service, Level 3/145 Wharf Street or 07 5506 6608 before attending)
Short-term programs are also offerd at various locations in the Northern Rivers Region.
Some examples of courses offered in the past:
• Relapse prevention program
• Early intervention cannabis program
• 'Healthy Power' anger management program
• Anxiety and stress management group
• Men’s group
• Relationships and co-dependence group
• Meditation group
For more information and to arrange for an assessment, phone INTRA: 02 6687 2835
INTRA is working to prevent harm caused by the use of drugs. Health promotion strategies include community education, capacity building, and direct population focussed interventions. INTRA is particularly interested in partnerships with both the government and the non-government sectors.
Some examples of current or past projects:
• Wake Up Time arts project working with Aboriginal women
• 'Party Safe' project offering drug education and early intervention at dance and music events
• 'Coming off Methadone' seminar
• Methamphetamine seminar for human services staff
• Community Drug Action Week activities
• Presentations to various schools, educational institutions, community organisations, groups, clubs and volunteer organisations
• Training and consultancy for human services organisations
For more information phone INTRA: 02 6687 2835
INTRA Youth Service
Free and confidential program for people between 12 - 24 years old.
We don’t preach.
We don’t judge.
But perhaps we can help if you are in trouble, or if you want to quit or cut down.
We can arrange to meet you at one of our offices, at a youth service, or at another place that is safe and convenient.
Phone us: 6687 2835
or text us: 0422 000 496 or 0447 477 906
INTRA Youth Service invites referrals from other services: please complete the attached referral form and return it to us by fax (02 6687 1039) or email (email@example.com)
- Referral Form.docx 38 Kb
INTRA conducts youth wilderness adventure treks for young people 12-21 years of age. These pictures show a trek which was generously supported by The Greater Building Society and Allianz.
Do You Have a Drug or Drinking Problem?
If in doubt, the attached 'Drinkcheck' form is a widely used self assessment tool to determine if consumption of alcohol is at a harmful or hazardous level.
Download a 'Drinkcheck' or a 'Problem Drug Use Screening Test' form
or check yourself here: http://www.alcoholandwork.adf.org.au
- Problem Drug Use Screening Test.doc 126 Kb
- Drinkcheck.pdf 27 Kb
- Adobe PDF Reader required, download it here
INTRA The Buttery's Outreach Drug Treatment Program
A unique service under the auspices of The Buttery Incorporated. Registered Charity No. CC24651.
P.O Box 42 Bangalow 2480 NSW Australia.
Telephone: 02 6687 2835
Fax: 02 6687 1039
Feedback / Request for Information / Request for Contact
Please complete the form by clicking the link below and we will contact you.
The Buttery acknowledges the support of the Department of Health (Commonwealth) for INTRA programs and the support of generous donors.